The White Clay Creek Watershed Steering Committee is made up of local citizens, representatives of conservation organizations and other interested parties, and delegates from state and local governments, including all 13 watershed municipalities. The National Park Service provides staff to help link the Committee to other agencies and the public, and it also provides technical and financial support.
The Steering Committee meets quarterly to get project updates from our Restoration, Education, and Open Space Committees, as well as updates about watershed projects from the White Clay Creek Watershed Management Plan Coordinator and the National Park Service River Manager. All meetings are open to the public and we welcome your support.
Current List of Steering Committee Members:
- Shane Morgan : Management Plan Coordinator, Staff
- Jamie Fosburgh : National Park Service
- Ed O'Donnell : Delaware Co-Chair, New Castle County
- Don Peters : Pennsylvania Co-Chair, New Garden Township
- Erin McCormick : Natural Lands
- April Schmitt : Pennsylvania Friends of the White Clay Preserve
- Martha Corrozi Narvaez : Water Resources Agency, Inst. Pub. Admin., Univ. DE
- Rick Mickowski : New Castle County Conservation District
- John Goodall: Brandywine Conservancy
- David Hawk : White Clay Watershed Association
- Doug Janiec : Sovereign Environmental Group
- Aileen Parrish : London Britain Township Supervisor
- Kristen Travers : Delaware Nature Society
- Martin Wells : Historical/Cultural Interests
- Tom Zawislak : White Clay Watershed Association
- Rachael Griffith : Chester County Planning Commission
- Mike Zuk: Chester County Conservation District
- Jenny Egan : Skelly and Loy, Inc.
- Tom Coleman: City of Newark
- Tracy Surles: New Castle County