The following objectives support the mission and goals of the White Clay Creek Watershed Management Plan:
- Maintain stream flow and maintain or improve water quality to revitalize fisheries and enhance recreational and scenic qualities, while accommodating legitimate demands for water supply, waste assimilation, commercial, industrial and agricultural uses.
- Foster the protection, enhancement and stewardship of the natural, cultural and recreational resources of the watershed for the benefit and enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Encourage coordination and consistency among existing levels of government, businesses, organizations and individuals to facilitate implementation of the management plan, without creating a new regulatory agency.
- Promote public recognition of the White Clay Creek watershed as a place with its own identity, continuing history and a future to be shaped by its residents.
- Manage growth to protect the watershed's special qualities, while emphasizing the rights of property owners and existing local control.